Saturday, June 2, 2012

Palm Sized Kendo


I should be studying, but I've already been studying for almost two hours. I needed a break so, I made a little kendo-ka out of children’s modeling clay! Here he is observing my messy kanji with all of its spelling mistakes. I’m sure he’s shaking his head and tsking at me in his men. He’s super cute!He'll be my inspiration now, whenever my motivation for studying starts to lag.
There's a lot of new kanji for me to learn again. I forgot a bunch of them since my last test, but it's to be expected. The ones I did remember though, were the ones that I was able to use in every day life, particularity when I'm teaching. 
Studying for the written exam in Japanese has helped me understand the instruction in practice more, though I guess that's natural. Though fluency in the language is still a long way off, studying kendo concepts in Japanese is helping little by little. I hope to remember more of these kanji after the test is over, but for now, just putting them into my head is daunting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment