Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ready, Set, STUDY!


Three questions, 11 answers and one bottle of ume-shu. I can do this! 
I finally got the questions and answers for the exam in July, so now I can begin the hard studying for the written portion. Satou Sensei and Yuko are very kind to provide me with the Japanese rules and questions for the exams I take. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage during testing time, because my Japanese ability is still lacking, yet the test i take is entirely in Japanese. Having the questions and the answers to study in advance really is a significant part of my studying.
I’m a little concerned with how late they came out this year. I hope I have enough time to study them all. There’s a lot more to study this time around, which is to be expected. I’ll do my best!
Now I just have to save ¥8,000 in the event that I pass. It gets really expensive to pass kendo exams here. I wonder if it’s the same in Canada. I only ever had to worry about ikkyu while I was in Canada, so I don’t know.
The first leg of my studying will be in translating the questions. Yuko is busy recently, so she can't help me with the answers. I will have to do my best to answer in Japanese and have someone check my answers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment