Monday, May 7, 2012

Scrambling My Brains


How many years of taking multiple hits to the head several times a week is too many, from a medical standpoint? I fought a bunch of heavy hitters today and my head is POUNDING now! At least it didn’t hurt like this during practice.
Back in Canada I remember practicing with migraines. During kakari geiko, I didn’t feel any pain while I was actually moving, but during rotations and waiting for the next round to start, the pain was blinding. A bottle of tylanol is standard in my kendo first aid bag now.
Hopefully this isn’t going to be one of those week long migraines that interfere with everything I’m trying to do, especially since I’m getting up early again and climbing the 250 stairs to Tanukidani. It’s a good morning workout, especially before kendo. It keeps the blood flowing through my legs throughout the day and generally keeps me more alert and active. Despite how much it sucks to get out of bed so early, I’m always better off for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment