Monday, May 14, 2012

Sensei-shu


My bike chain completely fell off on the 40 minute bike ride home after practice today! Argh! I had to walk half way home with my bogu balanced on my basket and people looking at me like I was crazy for not riding.
I did, however, console myself with a first taste of Itou Sensei’s ume-shu. He made it himself and presented it to me as a illness prevention. Honestly, after trying it, I believe him! It is incredibly strong and sweet! This will absolutely kill any germs that try and prevent me from doing kendo now!
I’m really touched to have received this gift. Somehow, getting a gift from a sensei just seems more profound. Even when Okusa Sensei gave me his old shinai when he came to Japan last year (he didn’t want to go through the trouble of carting them back to Canada with him) it seemed like a great gift. Maybe I just idolize my sensei too much.


For the record, the bottle is recycled. There really is sensei-shu inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment