Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On the Finer Points of Kirikaeshi


I’ve just finished memorizing the second question and its set of answers for the test. I’m moving right along on schedule now. I have another week to memorize the final question and answer sent and then I’ll use the final week before the test to completely solidify them all in my brain by random, repeated self testing. As long as I can remember all these new kanji, I should be all right to remember the sentence structure.
2) 「切り返しで気をつけること」を五つ以上書きなさい。

- 立合いの間合いでは姿勢、構え竹刀の握り方などを正しくする。

初心の段階では動作を大きくに正たしかに行う。

肩の余分な力を抜いて柔軟に左右均等に打つ。

連続左右面打ちの角度を45度ぐらいにする。

左こぶしは常に正中線上にある。
2) Please write at least 5 things you should be aware of when doing kirikaeshi.
- Keep your posture correct and make sure that the distance between you and your opponent is suitable.
- All movements should be large motion.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and strike your opponent’s men evenly and with flexibility to the left and right continuously.
- Strike the men left and right at roughly a 45 degree angle.
- Make sure to always keep your left fist in the center.
Kirikaeshi at Fuchou is different from doing standard kirikaeshi. Itou Sensei has us do sayu-men from one end of the gym to the other, sometimes twice. It confused me so much the first time we did it because I'm so used to the four-five rhythm in standard kirikaeshi and the partitioning of breaths needed to keep the whole thing running smoothly (and correctly).
Luckilly, the above points that I'm studying I already knew about kirikaeshi so if I can remember what the words mean in Japanese, I should have no difficulty with this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment