Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Round 1 Complete

I’ve memorized the first question and answer set for the exam! That actually didn’t take as long as I thought it would. I’ll have plenty of time to get through all of this. No sweat! I was really getting worried for a while, with how late the questions were coming out. I seem to remember having a lot more time to study for the shodan test, but maybe that’s just my memory playing tricks on me. In any case, here’s the first question:
「基本打突や技の練習で注意すること」を3以上書きなさい。

- 正しい姿勢で気力を充実させ互いの攻め合いから打突する。

適切な間会をとって確実に気剣体一致の有効打突となるようにする。

打突後は身構え、気構えなどの残心をとり、次の打突に構えする。
1) Please write at least three things you should be aware of when performing the fundamental strike and thrust techniques.
- Attack after pressuring your opponent with high spirit and correct posture.
- Create an opportunity and strike your opponent boldly, from the appropriate distance.
- Try to strike with certainty, combining body, spirit and sword, and always hit with high energy.
Since these three points are on the written portion of the test, I'll be working on strengthening them in the up coming practices as well. There are so many little things that you can do to improve kendo. It's not always about jumping over the biggest mountain the fastest.

No comments:

Post a Comment