Monday, October 15, 2012

Jumping the Hurdles

In the summer, it’s the heat that most often prevents kendo practice. In the fall and winter, it’s a cold virus. While progressively, the longer I stay in Japan cold affect me less and less, they still punch harder than when I was in Canada. Different country, different strain, different immunity I suppose. Last night I went to bed with a dry throat and this morning, I woke up with a full set of cold symptoms. Unfortunately, it means no kendo for me today. Walking down the stairs alone takes a huge amount of concentration. I’ll spend the week resting and hopefully be healed enough for Friday and Saturday. I want to go to the once a month women’s practice at the Butokuden on Saturday! It’s a two hour practice. I don’t know what to expect, but Yuko tells me that the sensei there are incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment