Friday, April 19, 2013

A Few Good Men

Another Friday practice and only 9 of us there. It's always a good group on Fridays, and the small size makes it feel more intimate. It's nice.

Ino-san worked with me doing some kata today which is good. I don't get to do kata with Ino-san very often. I messed up my footwork on sanbon-me and I forgot the last step into jodan for roppon-me but I think t was a successful venture, nonetheless. I had fun.

The warm up drills went well too. Much better from how they were on Monday, actually, which was very nice. I hit with some nice, solid pops and my arms and legs seemed much more in agreement to work together today, as opposed to Monday where they just wanted to flail around and pretend like they never had any motor skills to begin with.

We did some more complicated waza today too, the hardest being suriage-kote. I tried, and managed it clumsily, but at least it was included in practice.

I fought Ino-san and Tanaka-san during mawari-geiko and managed to get a few hits in, possibly because they're both tired from extra training for the up coming exam. In any case, remembering to go straight always helps me get the best men hits and I even managed a few kote. At the end, everyone had good things to say about my men accomplishments. I was told that even if my opponent is fast, a good, solid men is better, so that's something.

I still want to be faster, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment