Friday, September 21, 2012

A New Zekken


I finally got my Kyoto Fucho zekken! Yuko was so great to call Tozando and order it for me on such short notice. It ended up being 4000 yen, but it was well worth it. Everyone at the dojo commented on how cool it looked. It really makes me feel like I’m a part of the team.
Everyone asked if this tournament was going to be my first. They all said it was my debut which gives me that much more pressure.
Practice was sort of heavy today. Stamina was pretty low and it made keiko a bit sluggish. I got a great bruise on my upper arm and my kote is pretty sore after pratice too. Hopefully my game is up a bit for the tournament.
I don’t usually feel pressure for tournaments. The pressure is saved for tests, usually. Tournaments for me are for seeing friends and meeting new people. Hopefully this tournament is as fun as the last ones I’ve been to.


No comments:

Post a Comment